Yep. We are in Peru. I can tell because HERE IS AN ALPACA! I missed these guys, they're so cute. Not as cute as a vicuna, but cute enough to take massive amounts of pictures of and say, "AWWWWW!"
Other things that have happened since arriving:
- Stuck in the suburbs for the first week, venturing out only at night when accompanied by my bodyguards
- Read too much information about the dangers and pitfalls of Lima, left me feeling too chicken shit to take camera out of bag
- Moved to apartment in Miraflores, very safe area of town, now feel comfortable walking around to some areas
- Arranged for private driver for FM to take him to work and back, so he doesn't have to talk to taxi cab drivers
- Managed to make my BRAND NEW TENNIS SHOES stink already
- Got a SIM card for my phone
- Argued with Comcast cable about my bill for ONE HOUR
- Drank some beer
- Drank some wine
- Ate octopus salad (acceptable, think it was better in Croatia, however spotty readers to this blog would NEVER know I was in Croatia. In February.)
- Found out as of June 30, FM doesn't have a job anymore with his current employer.
Also visited some ancient Lima Culture ruins near my house, which can be viewed at http://www.aroundtheworldin80beers.net/id47.html if you are interested. Or not.