Monday, November 12, 2007

Be it Ever So Humble, There's NO Place Like Home


We're home. Finally. FM hasn't been home since August 28 of LAST YEAR! I, of course, was home briefly last month, but under circumstances which made my visit slightly less enjoyable than it should have been.


And home, really, is wherever we are in the world. My home is with FM, the good, the bad and the disgusting. I'm always glad when we're in the same country!

But, it's so nice to be surrounded by one's own things. To know what everything in the grocery store is, and how to prepare it. To be able to pick up the phone and call anyone in your time zone, ANYTIME! Although, in comparison to Tel Aviv, the weather is miserable (and it's going to get WAY worse before it gets better, which we probably won't even be here to see/enjoy), we're still HOME!


And I'm already contemplating six ways from Sunday to spend money on our humble abode. God help me, I always want something! Funny how I can manage with 3 spoons, 2 pans, and a spatula somewhere else, but as soon as I walk in the door at home I'm full of materialism and desires for things I use approximately 5 times a year! New countertops, a new front door, new door knobs, and most importantly, our gas fireplace FIXED (I BROKE it when I was home next, according to FM. Damn knob fell right off!)


Anyway, welcome home FM and Flatbacker. You're going to love it. Until you get bored and want to go somewhere else. . . .

No comments: