Thursday, November 22, 2007

So Not Fa-La-La-ing


Well, It's Thanksgiving. And tomorrow is the biggest Christmas shopping day of the year.

And, although I have SO much to be thankful for, I must admit, I am SO not ready for the Christmas season.
I can hardly bear to think about it. The snow, the tree, the decorating, the wrapping, the shopping, the crowds, the food.

And there's NO WAY IN HELL you will catch me in a store tomorrow. Unless we need milk and then you'll see me at the Speedway.

I honestly don't know what to buy anyone, or what I need, or what even what FM wants/needs.

Maybe it's because I haven't ate any turkey yet. We're not having our family Thanksgiving until Saturday. Maybe Thanksgiving on Saturday will make me feel more Christmas-sy.

Or, maybe FM's family Christmas party on the 8th of December will help. It usually is a good kick off to the Christmas season. At least when we're here to attend.

I DO actually like Christmas. It just doesn't seem possible it's time for all the trimmings yet. Hell, we just got HOME. And, I need to finish my NaNoWriMo (and yes, I'm behind, by about 5000 words, and beginning to doubt I'll actually make it).

And, if anyone has any gift ideas, email me.

No comments: