Monday, July 16, 2007

We Interupt this Blog for a Public Service Announcement


Dear Athenians:

I hate to interrupt your completely self-centered lives, but I feel the need to inform you of a couple of facts:


1. YOU ARE NOT ALONE ON THIS PLANET. Other people exist. And if would be nice if you treated said other people with a little bit of courtesy.

2. RULES ARE MADE FOR YOU, TOO. You can't expect other people to follow the rules, then not follow them yourselves.

3. LINES ARE MADE TO STAND IN. Not cut in, ignore, or push through. It's a line, FOOL!

4. ALL THINGS SPOKEN (EITHER IN PERSON OR ON YOUR MOBILE) DO NOT NEED TO BE SCREAMED. An indoor voice will usually suffice.

5. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IS NOT THE PLACE TO BELCH, SCREAM AT YOUR HUSBAND, SING, OR ANY OTHER ANNOYING HABIT OF YOURS. Or rub your self all over me.


6. YES, WE GET IT. YOU ARE THE WORST DRIVERS IN THE EU. Now stop it, please.


HONORABLE MENTION: Driving you scooters on the sidewalk, and then acting like you have the RIGHT OF WAY.


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

ARGHHH. I can always tell when I've had it with someplace and my second wind hasn't kicked in yet. I was going to tell you about our lovely weekend away in Andros Island, but the people of Greece just got to me today.



NOTE: The INDIVIDUAL people of Athens we've met have been almost nothing but kind. It's the masses as a whole that are driving me BONKERS!

No comments: